THE following list of election priorities appeared in the Mercury last week and is worth publishing here, now that the State Election has been called for March 20. This time around, I believe candidates who ignore the Derwent Valley will do so at their own peril.
DERWENT VALLEY COUNCIL
2010 State Election wish-list
- Expanded bus services.
- 24-hour police station.
- Rail line upgrades.
- Plenty Valley Link Rd upgrade as tourist route.
- Additional overtaking lanes for Lyell Highway.
- Roof over the New Norfolk pool.
- Upgrade of grandstand at Boyer Oval.
- Funding for toilet facility at new boat ramp in New Norfolk.
Please note: By law, online comments relating to the State Election must include the given name, surname and locality of the writer. Anonymous comments cannot be published.