At this point I am largely in the dark about the matter, because the sale was approved by the council before my election. I have asked for minutes of meetings which would include this topic, but my requests have been refused by the general manager because I will not agree to a confidentiality agreement. I believe my undertaking to respect all necessary confidences is covered by the oath of office I declared and signed at my first meeting.
Here's what I want to know, on your behalf:
- What changes have been made in the Heritage Council's overview of the oval and its redevelopment?
- How does the council propose to conduct an open sale that will restore public and corporate confidence in the process?
- Whether or not the buildings known as Derwent, Esperance, Franklin and Glenora are included in the land parcel being offered
- Whether or not the car parking area adjacent those buildings will be sold or preserved
- What provisions will be made for visitor car parking if that area is sold
- How will the proceeds of any sale be sold
- What else does the council propose to sell?
- What are the plans for the section of George St located between Woolworths and the Willow Court oval?